Enhance your account security with 2FA
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) delivers an extra layer of protection for users that significantly decreases the risk of unauthorized access to your account. Please note that, although you are not required to implement 2FA at this time, doing so will improve the security of your account.
To implement 2FA, you can follow the eight step process outlined below.
- 1.After logging into your Priori account, navigate to the Account Settings page by clicking the ‘Settings’ button on the left navigation bar, then clicking 'Account Settings'.
- 2.On your account settings page, please click the new ‘Two-Factor Authentication’ link, which can be found beneath the ‘Password’ link.
- 3.On the ‘Two-Factor Authentication’ page, please click the ‘Set Up Two-Factor Authentication’ button.
The 'Two-Factor Authentication' page, accessible from your account settings.
4. You will be asked to confirm your password before proceeding. Please provide your password in the pop-up.
5. On the next screen, please select your authentication method. Priori supports both Email and Authenticator Apps as methods of authentication.
Please note that if you choose to use an Authenticator App, Priori supports Google Authenticator and Authy.
Preview of potential authentication methods.
6. After selecting your authentication method, you will be provided with instructions on the screen on how to verify your chosen authentication method.
- If you choose Email, you will be asked to enter an authentication code that will be sent to the email address associated with your Priori account after clicking the 'Send Code' button.
Instructions to enable 2FA by email.
- If you choose to use an Authenticator App, you will be asked to scan the QR code provided on the page using your Authenticator App. Your app will then provide you with a 6-digit authentication code, which should be entered in the provided text box.
A preview of instructions to enable 2FA by authenticator app. (Do not scan the QR code in this screenshot.)
7. After verifying your authentication method, click the 'Save Changes' button to turn on your two-factor authentication.
8. Lastly, after setting up two-factor authentication, you will be able to view and reset your backup codes by clicking the ‘View/Reset’ link. Backup codes can be used in place of your verification code in the event that you lose access to your Email or Authenticator App. Please store these codes in a safe place.
Overview of all 2FA options, including link to view/reset Backup Codes.
Please note that you are able to change or disable your two-factor authentication settings at any time by clicking the 'Edit' button on the top-right corner of the Privacy & Security section within your Account Settings page.